Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Night Ride





On Saturday, July 11, Brent & I participated in The Night Ride. We joined 2,000 enthusiastic bicyclists to ride 21 miles throughout North Portland. Riders were encouraged to wear costumes. Brent & I went as "Silly Hats". We were given glow necklaces and let loose to take over the streets of Portland. We had a blast!


Brent at the starting line.


Waiting to start the ride.

I loved these gypsy costumes. I thought it was so smart how they hid their bike helmets under turbans.

Brent & I were really impressed with the Last regimen of Syncopated Drummers, who performed at the starting line as the ride began. If I ever move to portland, I might try to worm my way onto their color guard, as it has been a lifelong dream of mine to be a flag girl and march in a parade.

Cool cone-head costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment