Friday, July 30, 2010

Best Birthday Ever!

As some loyal readers may know, I recently celebrated a birthday. Brent made me a delicious breakfast, which we enjoyed on the front porch, before giving me a ride to work. When I arrived, I found this beautiful bouquet of flowers waiting for me on my desk! Thanks Joint Editorial!

Brent picked me up from work, and surprised me by taking me to dinner at Toro Bravo. It is probably my favorite restaurant in Portland, featuring tapas and small plates to share. We got the tasting menu and it was amazing!



I thought the dinner was my surprise, but little did I know what Brent had in store. We decided (on a whim) to go bowling. We got our shoes and started our game, when suddenly our friend Stafan appeared. "What a coincidence!" I exclaimed. Then I saw Matt & Alea. Then Jamie & Jay. "Surprise!!!!!!!!" it was a surprise bowling birthday party! I've never had a surprise party before, and I was totally shocked. It was the best!!!



Apparently Brent has been reading my blog, specifically the "Somebody Give me an award" post, because he asked everyone to bring me a trophy of some kind. I even got a pineapple (which ended up being the most wonderful pineapple I've ever tasted)!


Then in GEB fashion, Brent gave me an award for winning the most awards. Hahaha.


My presents from Molly included a retro apron, an awesome leaf necklace, and some homemade chocolate cookies.


My sister Shawn got me this adorable dress! Thanks Shawn!



And to top it off, Brent got me THE BEST CAKE I HAVE EVER SEEN. It features dinosaurs doing trapeze!!! He even had the dinosaur doing my latest trick, an uprise forward over!!!! What a great boyfriend.

Thank you to everyone who made my birthday so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment