Thursday, June 10, 2010

Renegade Craft Fair!

The Renegade Craft Fair came to McCarren Park in Williamsburg last weekend, and I made out like a bandit making out with another bandit!!! There were so many talented and adorable designs to choose from. I went a bit buck wild. Here are some of the wonderful items I picked up at the fair...



Above is a porcelain squirrel in a dome, made by KG + AB. It fits in quite nicely in my bedroom "nature center".



The lovely women of Milwaukee, WI-based, Madam Chino, made this dress (called the Angelwood) from recycled T-Shirts. They designed the wood grain print, hand screened the material, and made the dress by hand. Each design in their booth was one-of-a-kind, and adorned with wonderfully unique details, like the "sockets" (pockets made out of recycled socks). These ladies are seriously talented, and seriously nice. I was very happy to support them.


Above is the Fickle Fancy top by Post Laps Aria. I got it in gray, black and silver. Very cute with high-waisted shorts!



I got an adorable refurbished cardigan from Portland, OR -based Bossa Nova Baby. It is no secret that I have a deep love for things from Portland, so even though it was 90ยบ at the fair, I wanted to support this highly creative company. I don't have a picture of the actual caridgan I bought, but it is white with screen printed birds that have embroidered ribbons in their mouths. Above is another cardigan that shows off their aesthetic.



I got this card to send to a friend of mine from McBitterson's. It made me giggle.


Although I didn't see them at the craft fair this year, I had to include my favorite Renegade Craft Fair purchase from a few years back. Happy and Sad toasts by My Paper Crane.

Happy & Sad also make an appearance in a music video I edited for the Kinetic Stereokids "Have A Nice Day". Check it out by clicking the image below.









1 comment: